I am a former Latin American equities portfolio manager. In the year 2000, my duties were expanded to include most of the Southern Hemisphere, including South Africa, and Australia/New Zealand.
I am also the published author of "A Modern Approach to Graham and Dodd Investing" (Wiley, 2004). The backdrop of the book was how the industrial and agricultural "overfarming" of America in the 1920s, that brought about the stock market crash of 1929 in the first instance, and the "Dust Bowl" of the 1930s in the second. The book also warned of a modern version of the same thing, caused by the "disruptive" technologies of around "Y2K." The "modern 1929" crash occurred in 2008-2009, seventy-nine years after the original.
Top network posts
- 39Why China was able to unify and not Europe
- 37Why did the French sell Louisiana?
- 35"Race" is to "racism" as "religion" is to what?
- 34Why did Italy abandon its alliance with Germany in WW1 and join the Allied side?
- 34Is the USA a superpower today because of WW2?
- 31What do you call a person who is easily replaced?
- 30What started the Dust Bowl, and could it happen again?
- View more network posts →