I am a former Latin American equities portfolio manager. In the year 2000, my duties were expanded to include most of the Southern Hemisphere, including South Africa, and Australia/New Zealand.
I am also the published author of "A Modern Approach to Graham and Dodd Investing" (Wiley, 2004). The backdrop of the book was how the industrial and agricultural "overfarming" of America in the 1920s, that brought about the stock market crash of 1929 in the first instance, and the "Dust Bowl" of the 1930s in the second. The book also warned of a modern version of the same thing, caused by the "disruptive" technologies of around "Y2K." The "modern 1929" crash occurred in 2008-2009, seventy-nine years after the original.
Top Network Posts
- 42Why China was able to unify and not Europe
- 38Why did the French sell Louisiana?
- 36Why did Italy abandon its alliance with Germany in WW1 and join the Allied side?
- 36What started the US Dust Bowl of the 1930s, and could it happen again?
- 35"Race" is to "racism" as "religion" is to what?
- 34Is the USA a superpower today because of WW2?
- 32What did Germany do in World War II about the different rail gauge in the Soviet Union?
- View more network posts →