Quantitative researcher focusing on statistics and machine learning methods in finance. Primarily use R, C++, Python, various databases (including OneTick and KDB), and LaTeX on a daily basis.
- Twitter: @statalgo
- Blog: http://www.statalgo.com (largely inactive)
- Former moderator on data analysis stack exchange site: http://stats.stackexchange.com/
- Proposer of Quantitative Finance stack exchange site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/117/quantitative-finance?referrer=EZoOPpokWeo1
Top Network Posts
- 242The Two Cultures: statistics vs. machine learning?
- 227What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- 213Counting the number of elements with the values of x in a vector
- 209How do I install an R package from source?
- 182Major unsolved problems in theoretical computer science?
- 166Convert data.frame columns from factors to characters
- 140What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- View more network posts →
Top Tags (14)
11 Who should the moderators be? Feb 7 '11
10 Vote early, vote often Feb 1 '11
6 Idea about “education” questions? Feb 1 '11
6 Vote early, vote often Feb 3 '11
6 Is “sports betting” on-topic? Feb 6 '11
6 Who should the moderators be? Feb 8 '11
6 How Will This Site Overcome These Obstacles? Feb 19 '11